Monday, October 20, 2014

Son of Bug

A little more than a year ago, I posted an article here called "The Bug" ( http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-bug.html ) about a variant of Brown and Bigelow’s metal Redipoint pencils sporting the most unusual way to store lead that I’d ever seen:


Ever since I wrote that article, whenever I encounter one of these metal Redipoint pencils, I can’t help myself. I’ve got to unscrew the top and pull out the mechanism to see if it has the bug’s antennae inside. A few months ago, as I was going through a drawer full of pencils I forgot I had, I found a couple more of them, and so of course I was compelled to see if they were "buggy." That’s when I started poking and prodding at this one:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: