Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Adding to Clan Kahn

The Hiriter appears on page 89 of The Catalogue, and all I said about it was that it was "probably a Wearever subbrand." I recently picked up a couple other examples, one of which looks very much like the lime green one that appears in the book:


I’ve long since stopped using the phrase "Wearever subbrand" because I’ve learned that "Wearever" was not actually a company, but was instead just one trade name used by David Kahn, Inc., which manufactured writing instruments under a whole host of names that have been featured here. It would have been more correct to say that Hiriter was probably another brand name used by David Kahn, Inc. Here’s why I thought so:

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


No comments: